Lawn Care Program
Horizon’s Turf Care program includes six visits to promote a lush, inviting lawn. From early spring through late fall, our landscape technicians:
- Fertilize your turf at optimum times throughout the season.
- Control crabgrass, weeds, and insects as needed.
- Analyze soil and lawn appearance to maintain consistent, lush foundation.
- Ensure essential nutrients for drought recovery or winter survival.
Lawn and garden care maintenance treatments will keep your raised garden beds free of weeds and the bushes thriving for years.
Looking for an Organic Lawn Care alternative? Click here.
Next to fertilizing your turf on a regular basis, aeration is the most beneficial service you can do to improve the health of your lawn. Benefits of Aeration:
- Releases gases from the soil, letting oxygen in.
- Increases the amount of water to the soil and plant.
- Stimulates new root growth.
- Helps control harmful thatch buildup.
- Allow fertilizers and nutrients to move faster to the root.
- Relieves soil compaction caused by traffic and equipment.
- Reduces water runoff on slopes and hills.
Late summer and early fall are good times to aerate your lawn. These are optimum seasons for turf to recover and spread due to the warm soil and cooler air temperatures.
Seeding your lawn
A seeded lawn in properly graded soil will give you the better and healthier result than a sodded lawn will. Seeded lawns have a more diverse seed mix and can tolerate hot, dry summer conditions. Seed can be custom blended to handle the site-specific conditions of your property including shaded areas. Root development will also be better over time in a seed lawn vs. a sod lawn.
Proper irrigation is a very crucial service and affects lawn care service performed. Different watering requirements are necessary for products to perform optimally. Typically, watering should be avoided for 12 hours following weed or disease control applications. A full watering should be made after any other applications and regular irrigation should be applied after seeding.
Our Comprehensive Maintenance and Lawn Care program includes:
- Spring Clean-up
- Weekly mowing
- Edging of lawn and beds
- Turf fertilization at the optimum times during the growing season
- Weed, insect and disease control as needed throughout the season
- Aeration, slit seeding or thatching, depending upon the unique requirements of your property
- Leaf removal in the fall
Horizon Landscape has been providing lawn care services to Bergen County, New Jersey for over 45 years. Contact us a consultation and a customized lawn and garden care maintenance contract for your property.
He made the earth by his power; he founded the world by his wisdom and stretched out the heavens by his understanding. (JER. 51:15)
View our galleries and get inspired with many ideas from our landscape projects that we’re proud to showcase!
Set up a complimentary consultation with one of our experts
"*" indicates required fields